Setlist Dead & Company Folsom Field, Boulder 7/13/2018

Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
Carlo

Re: Setlist Dead & Company Folsom Field, Boulder 7/13/2018

Post by Carlo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:52 pm

I don’t want to be a buzz kill. But that was the worst show of the summer tour. It seemed as if every song went nowhere as if they were sitting on a toilet and trying to take a shit but were constipated all night. The lost sailor- saint was horrible. The only shining moment was the Stephen WT 11. And even that was anemic. Don’t believe me. I dare you to listen again.

perry

Post by perry » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Cops with assault rifles, old days=bad vibe. Today, protecting us from bad people with intent to harm. (unless they were just menacing you Denver man, in which case, fuck them!) There's a reason the D and C page references if you see something, say something. Sad but true.

That being said, have fun tonight everyone!

Carlo

Post by Carlo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Anyone who thought last night was good is tone deaf or too high.

Griff

Post by Griff » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Carlo wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:02 pm
Well my friend.....I heard it too. And I was really high. Lol. The sailor saint, especially saint, had some big time issues and almost killed what was a killer 1st set. JM added Deal to try and save which it did.....to the end when they just gave up. Why not one last hard chord riff then end it like always?? Oh well.

2nd set flub was Terrapin. Bob came in too early like he was doing in sailor saint. Was he high???????? It was real. Even being high. Lol

Great set list, some great music but also some real issues.

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi Carlo, welcome to Terrapin Nation! Sorry you didn't like the show, guess they're not all winners. :welcomewave

I know there were technical issues and my better half swears John, Bob and Oteil were dosed, but I still thoroughly enjoyed that Sailor/Saint! 8-)

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:21 pm

perry wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:00 pm
Cops with assault rifles, old days=bad vibe. Today, protecting us from bad people with intent to harm. (unless they were just menacing you Denver man, in which case, fuck them!) There's a reason the D and C page references if you see something, say something. Sad but true.

That being said, have fun tonight everyone!
No they weren't specifically menacing anyone. They were just standing there. Like I said, I understand why they probably needed to be there. You better have a safety plan in place when dealing with a crowd that huge. Just sucks that's where we are at now-a-days as a society.
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

Carlo

Post by Carlo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:29 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:17 pm
Hi Carlo, welcome to Terrapin Nation! Sorry you didn't like the show, guess they're not all winners. :welcomewave

I know there were technical issues and my better half swears John, Bob and Oteil were dosed, but I still thoroughly enjoyed that Sailor/Saint! 8-)
Thanks for the welcome. Didn’t want my first post to be a downer.

Nothing but love for this band. But we know their potential. Last night was like really bad sex. They should switch Oteil and Jeff back. It messed up the entire flow. Tonight should be epic. Because they owe It to all of us. If you disagree, I give two fucks. Here is a link to my friend Dean’s review on YouTube. I am in full agreement with him and was before the review.

Here is his review:

Will be tuning in from the living room. I love these guys and am hoping for a really great show tonight. Mexico goes on sale soon.

Griff

Post by Griff » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:33 pm

SunshineSue wrote:

Ok......there's our answer. Seriously. I believe it Sue. Dosed. It's not easy playing dosed.......I have done it. It's easy to get lost. I sensed Bobby was lost at times. Lol.

It's ok. I feel better now. Lol. Everyone gotta have a good time.

Carlo

Post by Carlo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:34 pm

Griff wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:12 pm
Carlo wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:02 pm
Well my friend.....I heard it too. And I was really high. Lol. The sailor saint, especially saint, had some big time issues and almost killed what was a killer 1st set. JM added Deal to try and save which it did.....to the end when they just gave up. Why not one last hard chord riff then end it like always?? Oh well.

2nd set flub was Terrapin. Bob came in too early like he was doing in sailor saint. Was he high???????? It was real. Even being high. Lol

Great set list, some great music but also some real issues.

The whole post drums was a snooze fest. The weight? Yuck.

Carlo

Post by Carlo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Griff wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:33 pm
SunshineSue wrote:

Ok......there's our answer. Seriously. I believe it Sue. Dosed. It's not easy playing dosed.......I have done it. It's easy to get lost. I sensed Bobby was lost at times. Lol.

It's ok. I feel better now. Lol. Everyone gotta have a good time.

Bobby doesn’t dose anymore. Now Billy, Oteil and John? Maybe. It was a lousy show. Glad I didn’t spend a couple grand going to boulder. I hope to be eating that last sentence after tonight.

For reference, my wife and I were at The Gorge and Eugene. Rode the rail for Eugene. Both were so good they blurred the lines between Grateful Dead and deadco.