DeadCo to play Woodstock! (99% sure)

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
Mojohand714

DeadCo to play Woodstock! (99% sure)

Post by Mojohand714 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:17 am

They just did piece on ABC about the Woodstock show and had Bobby & John's picture on the screen for a good chunk of the segment... then they said it shall be.

SunshineSue

Re: DeadCo to play Woodstock! (99% sure)

Post by SunshineSue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:18 am

Excellent!! They can call it the redemption set, given their less than stellar performance at the original! :mrgreen: :crossed

DrippingColors

Post by DrippingColors » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:06 pm

I was thinking they might play there. Though it's great to know they have lots of summer touring going on, I have serious reservations about this gig. Anyone who's seen the Woodstock movie knows Michael Lang might be a fun music guy, but is a lousy administrator and exudes BS. The 90's Woodstock showed he is also all about the profit motive and not really into treating his customers well. Ralph Nader called the violence and vandalism at that event a "consumer revolt." Also don't see how you mash up jam bands and rap at the same festival.

Still, it would be the Dead at Woodstock

Mojohand714

Post by Mojohand714 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:49 pm

I can't find any other info anywhere, and it's curiously missing from GMA's twitter feed which posts just about every segment they do. I don't know if Good Morning America got ahead of the story. Media Leaks :rofl

I did read where Santana says that he's playin.

I think the event Karenrose was talking about is a different Woodstock. In tradition of Woodstock '94, there will be 2 Woodstocks again this summer. One is at Watkins Glen, and the other @ Bethel Woods

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:23 pm

So which Woodstock are they playing? Lockn is about the same time so it wouldn't be a one off.
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:58 pm

dr bakes wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:23 pm
So which Woodstock are they playing? Lockn is about the same time so it wouldn't be a one off.
My thoughts too. Bobby making a record in Nashville so maybe he spends a few days between but not sure what the rest of the boys would do. I know what I’d do but I’m not sure they still party like that?
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:12 pm

Boxorain wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:58 pm
dr bakes wrote:
My thoughts too. Bobby making a record in Nashville so maybe he spends a few days between but not sure what the rest of the boys would do. I know what I’d do but I’m not sure they still party like that?
I would welcome Otiel and Friends at Gypsy Sally's.
:colorwave
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

Shroomopotamus

Post by Shroomopotamus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:41 pm

DrippingColors wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:06 pm
I was thinking they might play there. Though it's great to know they have lots of summer touring going on, I have serious reservations about this gig. Anyone who's seen the Woodstock movie knows Michael Lang might be a fun music guy, but is a lousy administrator and exudes BS. The 90's Woodstock showed he is also all about the profit motive and not really into treating his customers well. Ralph Nader called the violence and vandalism at that event a "consumer revolt." Also don't see how you mash up jam bands and rap at the same festival.

Dead and Company isn't exactly known for being shy of profit themselves.
As fun as the shows are and as important as it has been for creating a new mass of heads around the globe, their prices are absurd for not just tickets, but webcasts, merch, mp3 downloads...

I wanna see Woodstock go all out. It could rejuvenate a spark in millions and change the world if done right. People always say it could never hit a point like 69 again, but there's simply no reason it couldn't and at that point, for profit, fun or whatever motivation its existence has simply doesn't matter as nobody is in control of it and that's just the way it's meant to be.

Woodstock should have evolved into a traveling festival.
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
Roll on forever
:jester GGW ~ 2-25-2017 :jester
There’s UFO’s over Boulder & I ain’t too surprised

Mojohand714

Post by Mojohand714 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 pm

dr bakes wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:12 pm
Boxorain wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:58 pm
dr bakes wrote:
I would welcome Otiel and Friends at Gypsy Sally's.
:colorwave
They were saying DeadCo was gonna be at Watkins Glen. They just mentioned Bethel Woods in passing at the end of the piece saying it would be smaller.

Mojohand714

Post by Mojohand714 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm

Shroomopotamus wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:41 pm
DrippingColors wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:06 pm

Dead and Company isn't exactly known for being shy of profit themselves.
As fun as the shows are and as important as it has been for creating a new mass of heads around the globe, their prices are absurd for not just tickets, but webcasts, merch, mp3 downloads...

I wanna see Woodstock go all out. It could rejuvenate a spark in millions and change the world if done right. People always say it could never hit a point like 69 again, but there's simply no reason it couldn't and at that point, for profit, fun or whatever motivation its existence has simply doesn't matter as nobody is in control of it and that's just the way it's meant to be.

Woodstock should have evolved into a traveling festival.
Just no Pepsi dollars this time... in 94 you had to trade your money in for 'Pepsi Dollars' to use in the fest. :rofl