Re: Peach Music Festival 2019

Post by Kevin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Yes and Yes !!! :jumpeveryone :welcomewave

:bears2 :rockon :listen :jumpclap
Smell Every Flower

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Nugs is webcasting Peach Festival for FREE! This includes Phil & Friends on Sunday and JRAD on Saturday! And Phil's friends are some of my personal favorites: Warren Haynes, John Scofield, John Molo and Holly Bowling!! :guitarred :dance

https://nugs.tv/free/?showID=100

Per Live for Live Music:
Thursday’s featured sets as part of the Peach live webcast include The String Cheese Incident, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Billy Strings, and Aqueous.

Friday’s stream will include sets from moe., The String Cheese Incident, Blues Traveler, The Infamous Stringdusters, Lotus, and Larkin Poe.

Saturday’s webcast will feature performances by Trey Anastasio Band, Joe Russo’s Almost Dead, Greensky Bluegrass, Lettuce, and Star Kitchen.

The final night, Sunday, will include webcasts of Phil Lesh & Friends, The Marcus King Band, Yonder Mountain String Band, and the inaugural Peach Guitar Pull.

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:32 pm

who else is playing in the band? Warren Haynes, John Scofield and John Molo...keys?

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:47 am

patchthenation wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:32 pm
who else is playing in the band? Warren Haynes, John Scofield and John Molo...keys?
Holly Bowling is on keys, I'm not sure if they've got Grahame or anyone else sitting in. Kind of hope not, Warren and Sco are just dandy by themselves. :guitarred

I'll start a set list thread in Show Review for tomorrow. Can't beat free Phil with these Phriends!! :dance

philobomb

Post by philobomb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:11 pm

My goodness, that is a tasty Phil and Friends lineup. Party at my house tomorrow!! :dance

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:34 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:47 am
patchthenation wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:32 pm
Holly Bowling is on keys, I'm not sure if they've got Grahame or anyone else sitting in. Kind of hope not, Warren and Sco are just dandy by themselves. :guitarred

I'll start a set list thread in Show Review for tomorrow. Can't beat free Phil with these Phriends!! :dance
my thoughts exactly. Even more so with Holly on keys. This is a GRATE lineup.

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:42 pm

Tonight JRAD without Joe Russo due to his wife giving birth to their daughter 3 weeks early Friday. His Drum tech is taking over the kit.
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

perry

Post by perry » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:08 am

Dual drummers, they look like they are having fun. :beer_cheer

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:57 pm

Congratulations to the newly expanded Russo family! A kind of cool experience for the folks live at Peach, too! :clap

Joe's statement:
So it turns out, sometimes babies come 3 weeks early!!?? Last night my incredible wife gave birth to our second daughter. I couldn’t be happier or more proud of my amazing partner for pushing that lil sucker to freedom! That said, clearly “new nugget” didn’t reference the family calendar. I’m very sorry to announce that I won’t be able to make the JRAD shows this weekend at Peach and Burlington. However, we here at JRAD HQ have gone into “holy shit the baby came early contingency mode” and have decided THE SHOW MUST GO ON.

This weekend Scott, Tommy, Dave and Marco will be joined by two special drummers each night. Tonight at Peach, the band will feature JRAD drum tech and incredible young musician Evan Roque on kit 1. Joining Evan on drum set 2, will be one of my dear friends and drumming heroes, Ben Perowsky. Aside from being my percussive partner in BOYFRIENDS, Ben has played with everyone from John Zorn to Rufus Wainwright to Trey Anastasio (Surrender To The Air) and is currently manning the throne on Broadway with the Tony Award winning Hadestown.
Tomorrow night in Burlington, the fellas will be joined by Evan and the one and only Johnny Kimock! We’ve all known and played with Johnny for years. He’s such a great dude and we couldn’t be more excited for him to share his masterful musicianship with us!

Thank you to all for understanding. I was so excited to play these shows this weekend, but I need to be here with my family, helping as my incredible wife recovers from her act of human badassery, introducing big sisters to little sisters and getting to know this new amazing person. Please have fun and be safe out there. I love you all so much and can’t wait to see you all in LA at The Greek Theater.
Love and thanks,

Joe